Friday, November 9, 2012

In Which I Give my Bidens a Talking To

You Bidens obviously did not read your own plant tag description.

Bidens ferulifolia 'Goldilocks Rocks'
According to Proven Winners, 'Goldilocks Rocks' Bidens are supposed to be, and I quote,

'Vigorous,
heat and drought tolerant;
bright gold flowers spring to fall'.

Bidens ferulifolia 'Goldilocks Rocks'
Spring to fall?!  We both know that this is the best you've looked since early June.  And it's freakin' November.


Okay, okay, I must admit I didn't put in you the best of soils.  

And you were on a rather exposed, very sunny site during one of the hottest summers on record.


And I didn't really fertilize you. At all.


Okay, I'll admit that I didn't ever water you, either.  But you're supposed to be drought tolerant, right?


Don't look at me like that.  I'm still blaming you for this.