Monday, May 12, 2014

Seedlings-in-waiting

Back in February and March, when snow was still coming down and piling up on the ground, this gardener was eager to do something for the garden, so I started planting packets of seeds indoors in my guest room conservatory.

Sorry Mom and Dad, you don't mind sharing your room with the plants when you come to stay, right?
Well, now I have seedlings.. and lots of them!

pepper seedlings
I have seedlings in my guest room conservatory..


seedlings on my deck..

tomatillo seedlings
seedlings in my garage..


I think I might have gone a little overboard.


Some of these seedlings are destined to a local garden club's plant sale and some to friends and family.  We'll see if I can find room in my yard for all that will still be left!

Tomato seedling - one of about 492.  Okay, maybe not that many, but there's a lot!
Of course, for the past few weeks, we have all been waiting for that magic Last Frost Date.  It is now within sight, and it is so warm out, that I could probably start planting now..

Isn't this one of the best uses for the red Solo cup?
...except all of my spare time is being used to work on building our awesome new Veggie Garden!
Stay tuned...
And happy planting!

cucumber seedlings in newspaper pots
p.s. Anyone want a tomato seedling?  I have a few to spare...