Friday, October 31, 2014

A Strange Mist Hath Appeared

You might think it was mist floating around my stone bench this Halloween.


But no, 
it's not mist.  
It's no decoration for Halloween.

Anyone want to hazard a guess?


I'll give you a clue - it's plant material of some sort.


My stone garden bench sits near my retention pond, in which there is a good sized clump of cattails growing.  The abundance of whiteness next to my bench is what is probably 
millions 
and millions
of cattail seeds.


They had some help getting there.


If you can imagine two little girls throwing cattail seeds up in the air, making it 'snow', sometimes to the tune of the movie Frozen's 'Let It Go', you will have a good picture of what went on here.


Next year we might have a larger clump of cattails.
Like a whole field of them.

My kids are going to have a ball.