Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Just Singin' in the Birdbath


Wait for it...


Aaaandddd... 

go!






Ah, what a glorious feeling..


A nice cool bath!


Just what a bird needs on a hot summer's day!

A big thank you to all those of you who leave out a little water in a shady spot for us wildlife during this summer heat.  We appreciate it!



Onto other happenings at the Red House Garden, I want to thank the wonderful and singular Jane over at Tidy Gardens by Jane for awarding my blog with the One Lovely Blog Award!  I appreciate it!


In accepting this award, I am required to share 7 facts about myself with everyone:

1.  As a kid, I always thought that working for National Geographic would be the best job in the world, as I love to see new places.

2.  I get very motion sick very easily.

3.  Since motion sickness pretty much rules out a job where I travel (and National Geographic would probably not like an employee that was drugged half the time), I decided to go with my second, only slightly less glamorous career choice, that of a math teacher.

4.  Actually math teacher was my third choice, as genius girl detective didn't really work out for me, either.

5. But I do collect old girl detective novels..

6.  and I enjoy taking pictures of wildlife (if you couldn't tell).  I think this gardening blog is in danger of turning into a wildlife and nature blog!

7.  And I do still love to go new places.  I am fortunate to have had opportunities to visit several different countries, including Singapore and India, thanks to relatives that have lived there. 

Also, as part of this award I am supposed to pass it on by naming several other blogs deserving of this award.  Well, I have the list of my favorite blogs over on my sidebar - all of them are very worthy blogs.  I do believe in promoting new deserving bloggers as well - when I find the time, I plan to have a post on just this topic!  Happy Gardening!

UPDATE:  What a twice as nice feeling - Nadeszda from Nadezda's Northern Garden also nominated me for this award!  Thank you, Nadeszda!