Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas in the Garden?

Well, as always in North Carolina around this time of year, my garden is confused.

Is it already spring?  My daffodils seem to think so.


Is it still fall?  Many of those flowers are still blooming away, despite the fact that it is officially winter.


Is winter actually coming?  Some of my Gaillardia are finally starting to look affected by the chill.


However, I'm quite sure that the blooms of my Sweet Alyssum is all the white my garden is going to see on the ground this Christmas holiday.


Well, no matter what season my garden thinks it is in, it is time for a holiday break for this gardener.  I will be away from my blog for a couple weeks spending time with family and friends.  I wish you and your families a safe and merry Christmas season and a blessed New Year!


Yes, even you squirrels..
(though maybe not the voles)